INSPIRATIONAL GUIDE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF PRME: UK AND IRELAND EDITION
Call for submissions: Deadline 31st January 2014
Following the success of the PRME Inspirational Guide 2012 and 2013 publications, we are pleased to announce that we will be publishing a UK and Ireland edition in partnership with Greenleaf Publishing and GSE Research. The intention is to capture and share ideas and action on the challenges of implementing the Principles for Responsible Management education, for PRME signatories, and those who have not yet joined PRME. We believe there is no more pressing challenge for businesses and business education than to address issues of responsibility and sustainability.
We are asking for short and easy-to-read case stories, of no more than 1500 words. A suggested template is to frame your case within the following five headings:
1. Introduction/background – brief description of the university/school and why PRME principles are important to you
2. Challenge – what was the nature of the challenge involved? See also below
3. What we did – how we addressed the challenge
4. What happened – including successes, roadblocks and lessons learned
5. What next – what we will be doing in the short and medium term
The case stories will carry author names and affiliations, so please include these as well as a short (20 words or less) biographical note. Please send contributions in MS Word with headings clearly identified. Please ensure submissions are spell-checked and proof-read. The deadline for submissions is 31st January 2014.
We are very interested to hear stories covering any of the following themes (or related areas): • How we organize research • How we administer PRME activity • How we engage students • How we design teaching and learning • How we influence colleagues including Dean/VC As well as the Six PRME Principles:
- Purpose – developing the capabilities of students
- Values – social responsibility as part of our academic activities and curriculum
- Method – designing effective learning experiences
- Research – understanding the role of business in sustainability
- Partnerships – with businesses
- Dialogue – with stakeholder groups
Number of submissions
We would be happy to see up to two submissions from an institution/author.
Case stories will be selected by the editors for inclusion in the printed version of the UK/Ireland Inspirational Guide. Cases not able to be included will be carried on the PRME Website.
Please address any questions to the General Editor:
Professor Alan Murray